Waldringfield and District by Walter Tye

      GENERAL OUTLINE (1850-1950) IN 1850 Waldringfield was but a small insignificant village, with a few scattered houses and some seven score of inhabitants. With the exception of the old Rectory, now known as River’s Hall, and a few farm houses, the cottages generally were small, with little windows peeping out from under … Read moreWaldringfield and District by Walter Tye

1873 – 1878 Leases on Quay Maltings

Record office HB8/5/417  a lease between AT Cobbold and John Hill dated 11 Oct 1873 for the land at the quay including malting house, sheds stables and garden in all 2 acres. It was for 14 years at £30 pa. To last until 1887 In 1878 the lease was cancelled by Mason’s. In 1878 it … Read more1873 – 1878 Leases on Quay Maltings